Duck treats

Trust me, you'll know when a duck has diarrhea ! It stinks to the high heavens and is very syrupy in texture- usually black in color.
Sorry for the graphic detail!

I thought ducks were not supposed to have raw legumes - wouldn't peas count as that? I can't remember where I read that but will look. They do seem to really like them though so I would love to know if it is okay for them.

Our bubs get lots of lettuce (iceberg, which yes gives them runny poo, but they're ducks so I don't see the problem), kitchen scraps from my waitress job which is usually cooked peas corn and pumpkin. They love peas and tomato. Definitely their favourites. However they do not enjoy carrot, cooked or raw, potato and zucchini. One of my first ducks would murder anyone for tomato.

so from what age can i give my lil ducks treats like the peas etc? we have lots of dandelions growing n are alwas trying to keep on top of them so that will help.

... I have tried cheerios, but my ducks look at me like I am nuts ...
Wise, wise ducks you have there! (and they didn't even need to read the label
wink.png
)

I thought ducks were not supposed to have raw legumes - wouldn't peas count as that? I can't remember where I read that but will look. They do seem to really like them though so I would love to know if it is okay for them.

The frozen peas are not raw legumes.
Raw would be buying fresh pea pods and scratching out the peas from the pod.

It depends how old they are. If you feed the whole pod ,with the peas inside of it, to ducklings it make not go over so well! They would most likely have a very hard time digesting them.
Adult ducks I'm sure can handle the whole pod, but still enjoy the peas! Especially the frozen ones ! If you microwave them for 30seconds they become defrosted and mushy so its easy to eat!
That is safe for ducks and ducklings!

Back
Top Bottom