Duck- twitching wings and being bullied by drake

Trimpkey

Songster
5 Years
Dec 22, 2016
Rural Virginia
Hello, I have 2 ducks and a drake who have lived happily together for 3 years. A couple of days ago I noticed the little mallard drake was pecking at and bullying my larger golden cascade duck. She seems well except her wings are twitching. She was always very assertive but now is submissive and scared of the drake. I isolated him in a cage in their run for a couple of days and he continued the behavior when reunited. Yesterday I let him loos, thinking he might fly away but all the ducks and drake spent the day next to each other. When I let him back in the coop he started in on her again. Any ideas? She seems to be healthy but I'm unsure. What do I do. Rehome the drake? Will his other little mallard wife be OK. She and the other duck get on well.

Hello, I have 2 ducks and a drake who have lived happily together for 3 years. A couple of days ago I noticed the little mallard drake was pecking at and bullying my larger golden cascade duck. She seems well except her wings are twitching. She was always very assertive but now is submissive and scared of the drake. I isolated him in a cage in their run for a couple of days and he continued the behavior when reunited. Yesterday I let him loose, thinking he might fly away but all the ducks and drake spent the day next to each other. When I let him back in the coop he started in on her again. Any ideas? She seems to be healthy but I'm unsure. What do I do. Rehome the drake? Will his other little mallard wife be OK. She and the other duck get on well.
Update: she has no mites. Her feathers are wet from chest to tail on her belly. Might be wet feather.

Back
Top Bottom