Duck Waterer

duckboy101

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 25, 2014
Ontario
Hello,

In the spring i will be getting ducks(4 Indian Runners and 1 grey Saddle back Pomeranian goose) .
big_smile.png
So, I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to make a duck waterer that won't freeze in winter, that is automatic and something will be hard for ducks to make a mess with. I have looked into using some PVC pipe, some poultry nipples, and a small water jug, but is there a way to heat the water so it won't freeze in the pipes/water jug?

If anyone could provide me with a link or with some instruction(with pictures) about the duck waterers that would be great!
Thanks, Duckboy101
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Freezeproof automatic duck waterers are kind of a difficult proposition as ducks need to be able to dip their whole heads in the water. If I were to try to make something that would be effective and freezeproof, I'd just use a heated dog bowl and clean it daily.

This idea is pretty good, despite my below freezing temps it doesn't freeze solid probably the movement does it.. (flowing water) that said in really, really cold it'll likely go but so far it's working i am averaging -10°c for daytime highs.

http://frankiemakes.blogspot.ca/2012/06/watering-solution-for-ducks.html

After that, a heated bucket? that is what is in my big flocks barn

Heated pet bowls are an option but they will likely climb into(or try too)

Back
Top Bottom