Duck wing can't stretch out!

Ikepop15

Hatching
Aug 19, 2020
I have two ducks and lots of chickens. One of my ducks got attacked a while back and has recovered for the most part, but her wing is pinned to her body by a bit of skin, she has been struggling to walk properly while she has been recovering.

So my question, how do I fix her wing can I cut the skin and bandage it like you would a broken wing?

Any suggestions ideas would be very helpful

:welcome It's difficult to assess and advise without a picture, but if the attachment is minimal, I would be tempted to cut it.

Screenshot_20200820-182033.png

that's the wing stretched out as far as it can go
I am by no means an expert but you should try to give it daily physical therapy. Stretching it a little further day by day. A tiny bit by a tiny bit. Ideally not enough to cause it pain but close. It will take months and months but the skin will eventually stretch far enough for it to feel okay enough for it to think it can fly and even then it won’t be quite ready. My mother-in-law had the same problem and over several months healed her male Muscovy duck. Please keep me updated, I wish you luck and a huge amount of patience and love. Michelle😘

Back
Top Bottom