Duck wing problem

CelticArche

Chirping
Jul 6, 2016
So I have 6 Khaki Campbell ducks. I have 2 drakes, one of which will be rehomed soon as he's too aggressive with the hens. I'm keeping the other, which has a temperament I want. Anyway, one of the hens, she'll be 1 this July, has a drooping wing. I believe it's from Agent Orange being too rough with her. Should I use vet tape to tape her wing up so it can heal, or will she heal on her own through exercise and other normal duck behavior?

My hazel got roughed played by neighbors dog I thought same as her wing..
she couldn't flap Strecth really couldn't move it..as long as you don't see lumps or NOTHING out of the ordinary she'll be fine...I didn't mess with hazels like wrapping it...I just let her do her thing....took about 3 weeks she was moving it was improvement now 4 weeks after she's fine...as long she eating and drinking she should be fine....good luck

Can you see any visible damage to the wing is it still drooping? does she try at all to adjust it in normal position?
I haven't seen any visible damage, I didn't see any wounds or anything, which is why I thought it might have been one of the drakes being too rough with her. Each of the hens has bald patches on their necks from the males.

That is the likely trouble. You might want to give the girls some time away from the boys and see if that helps get the wing healing. Does she move her wing at all like trying to position it in normal range? Does she have movement of the wing at all is what I am getting at. Or does it just droop?

Well, I watched her a bit today. She didn't seem to really move it. I took some pictures.
069.JPG 078.JPG 076.JPG

You might want to wrap her wing up in normal position for 3-5 days and see if that helps. Use vet wrap not something that will pull her feathers out when you take it off. Don't let her swim while wrapped. and please give your girls sometime off from the drakes they deserve a rest. How many ducks to drakes do you have.

You might want to wrap her wing up in normal position for 3-5 days and see if that helps. Use vet wrap not something that will pull her feathers out when you take it off. Don't let her swim while wrapped. and please give your girls sometime off from the drakes they deserve a rest. How many ducks to drakes do you have.

4 hens and 2 drakes. I'm planning on rehoming one of the drakes, who's too aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom