Duck with bad limp :(

asfalothgem

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 2, 2007
I have a large white duck, don't know what kind but the knot on his leg that is like a knee i guess? is very swollen and he is limping quite badly.It's about twice the size of his other one. What do i do???

well if you have a vet in your area that will see him/her I guess that is where I would start. I took in a duck that came from a family who got her at easter but had no idea how to care for her, with alittle fresh air,a swimming pool and lots of love she is finally walking normal but still has one wing that hangs down nearly to the ground where it most likely was broken. Good luck with your duck hope all is fine with him/her.

It sounds like it might be a slipped tendon, if you do a search here for "slipped tendon" (or on google with "duck slipped tendon") you should find some helpful threads. I've never had it happen myself, but other people have written about it.

Good luck!
fl.gif

Could be a bumble or joint-ill, too, which are both just infections that act like arthritis does. The vet should be able to tell very quickly. And if it's bad, just eat the duck. Since you said it was large and white, I'd guess Pekin.

Back
Top Bottom