Duck with Breathing problems

How does his wound look? can you get a picture of it or them and is there any smell or oozing he may have infection. Of course if the dog grabbed him his body is most likely very sore but the only thing I can think of to get him to eat is tube feeding we have info if you want to try but you'll have to get the things together before you start.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-ducks-updated-5-7-2020.1211994/
Good morning i just wanted to update he is so much better doesn’t eat that much but he is walking thank very much for all your help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    812.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0245.jpeg
    IMG_0245.jpeg
    715.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 1
Good morning i just wanted to update he is so much better doesn’t eat that much but he is walking thank very much for all your help
That is great news!! he needs a way to safely get into the pool a ramp or steps made out of scrap wood would work. But it would be better for his legs not to have to jump off the side. The reason saying is my Muscovy drake injured his legs jumping off the side of the pool so best to keep that from happening. I put a dog x pen around all my pools except where they can safely go in and out. that way I don't have to worry about them jumping off and hurting themselves.

Your care is what brought him through bless you for caring ❤️

That is great news!! he needs a way to safely get into the pool a ramp or steps made out of scrap wood would work. But it would be better for his legs not to have to jump off the side. The reason saying is my Muscovy drake injured his legs jumping off the side of the pool so best to keep that from happening. I put a dog x pen around all my pools except where they can safely go in and out. that way I don't have to worry about them jumping off and hurting themselves.

Your care is what brought him through bless you for caring ❤️
I will get him a ramp thank you

He must be injured in his neck was there any wound on his neck Maybe a bad sprain? They can be painful. I am not sure there is much that can be done other than what you are doing. Taking care of him and supporting him through this.
here is info on other pain relievers
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...atories-or-aspirin-in-poultry-or-fowl.239791/
He didn’t have any injuries on his neck or bleeding and is like he chooses to be like that because if something scares him he will stand up straight

Back
Top Bottom