Duck with Broken egg inside of her

You lube your finger and gently insert into the vent. I’d walk around looking for egg shell to make sure it all didn’t come out. Put her in a tub of nice warm water and maybe if there is anything left it will come out. Could have been a soft shell too look for collapsed membrane. You want to let her clean up because of flies

You lube your finger and gently insert into the vent. I’d walk around looking for egg shell to make sure it all didn’t come out. Put her in a tub of nice warm water and maybe if there is anything left it will come out. Could have been a soft shell too look for collapsed membrane. You want to let her clean up because of flies
I brought her in and put her in some warm water to soak. She then had a prolapse. I left her in the water, and every little bit she would get some egg out. I saw part of the shell come out. It looked like a big piece. Next thing I know, she's running around in the living room quacking and looking for food. She seems to be ok. Should I still worry? I was gonna keep her inside for a day or 2 to keep a close eye on her. Anything I should do? Ive noticed the khaki campbells are tough little feisty ducks.

How’s the prolapse did it go back in? As for the shell hard to say if all is out but if you can get some calcium gluconate and give her a ml that can help her expel anything left inside it helps with contractions. That made me laugh about her running around In The living room looking for food. Hopefully that’s a good sign!! @ducklover128

Last edited:
She seems better. I think she got all the egg out, and the prolapse went back in on its own, but she laid an egg and it's visible but not out. Thank u for asking

Back
Top Bottom