Duck with Broken Foot

This is her favorite place in the house with her favorite teddy bear. Right in front of the mirror! I think it reminds her of her twin brother we lost a few weeks ago. They had this little bear when they were ducklings & after he died I got it back out & she just loves it.

Last edited:

This is her favorite place in the housework her favorite teddy bear. Right in front of the mirror! I think it reminds her of her twin brother we lost a few weeks ago. They had this little bear when they were ducklings & after he died I got it back out & she just loves it.
love.gif

So sorry for your loss did a predator get her brother

All of you are amazing people! I'm blown away at the care and comfort willingly shared. My hat is off to all of you!! The only thing I'd add is that I'm very conflicted on the bath. For everything I've treated so far, it seems that was the one thing which helped the most. And not just for the duck either!! No, I'm not saying I get in with them... ;-) But sitting next to them while they acclimate to the warm water and begin to settle down just gave me a bit of time to collect my thoughts and design my "get well plan". Water therapy is used in quite a few different applications from large animals (horses come to mind) to humans. I don't think the poor thing would use the foot so much in the water that it would impede healing. One of our Muscovies somehow partially tore the middle claw off of one foot. It was bleeding a bit when I found her laying in the grass and not nearly as active as the others. Warm bath, good cleaning with leftover magic blue liquid from my last vet visit and then some bluekote, and she's getting along just like nothing was wrong. Daily check ups (she doesn't care for much; but it's for her own good) and keeping a close eye for infection.

Thanks so much for all the advice & words of encouragement. As well as the stories shared. I am so glad I have people to talk to who understand.
Best wishes, Chasity & Coco

Back
Top Bottom