Duck with Broken Foot

Hello miss Lydia,
I was gonna make a post last night but totally slipped my mind. Lol
She is actually doing well!
I am happy to report while changing her splint this weekend she actually curled her toes under a bit!!!!!
1f603.png

Which of course means she is getting some of the use back in her foot!!! I was so worried. Still a long process to go but we do therapy daily & I'm letting her outside a bit each day as well to make sure she is getting enough vitamin D from the sun.
Her flying skills are just amazing! Being as she can't walk I guess she has no other choice lol.
I have 2 older ducks that are still working on their landing skills and coco had just started flying 2 days before her accident now she is way better then the others.
I got her diaper in over the weekend as well so she gets to stay out in the living room & kitchen with us a lot more now. She is one happy duck!!!!
Thanks so much for asking about her

Last edited:
Hello miss Lydia,
I was gonna make a post last night but totally slipped my mind. Lol
She is actually doing well!
I am happy to report while changing her splint this weekend she actually curled her toes under a bit!!!!!
1f603.png

Which of course means she is getting some of the use back in her foot!!! I was so worried. Still a long process to go but we do therapy daily & I'm letting her outside a bit each day as well to make sure she is getting enough vitamin D from the sun.
Her flying skills are just amazing! Being as she can't walk I guess she has no other choice lol.
I have 2 older ducks that are still working on their landing skills and coco had just started flying 2 days before her accident now she is way better then the others.
I got her diaper in over the weekend as well so she gets to stay out in the living room & kitchen with us a lot more now. She is one happy duck!!!!
Thanks so much for asking about her
Very happy to hear such a good update.. Love the pics too. As for flying you live close to a road with traffic always a risk the ducks will fly as a car is speeding by could that be what crushed her foot in the first place. I know ducks love to fly but to keep mine safe I do clip one wing on each, just too many ways they can get seriously injured or killed.

She looks so cute in her diaper.

Miss Lydia,
Coco is loosing feathers like crazy!!!! What is causing this? Do u know?
I've been trying to let her have time outside more & keeping her in at night. This just started 2 days ago... U can see in this pick where they are falling out.

Molting? I thought they only did that once; from baby to teen stage. I have 2 older ducks & I have never seen them do this.... I'm just worried she is sick from being inside so much or going back n forth

Molting? I thought they only did that once; from baby to teen stage. I have 2 older ducks & I have never seen them do this.... I'm just worried she is sick from being inside so much or going back n forth
@mskupcake more than likely molt mine are in the process of it and it looks like someone plucked a duck in my yard. Muscovy's molt in the fall of the year after egg laying and breeding is over with.

She looks good how is the foot coming along?

And if you are having real cold temps now it probably isn't good to take her into a warm house and then out into the cold so when you have her inside for the night place her in the coolest room you have or a basement if it's dry and safe.

I am so so happy to report Coco has gained all movement in her foot!!!! She is walking with almost no wobble. Her feet are turned inward now but I don't think it's a big deal. She is with the babies (now 6 weeks old) & doing very well. They have accepted her with open wings!

I am so so happy to report Coco has gained all movement in her foot!!!! She is walking with almost no wobble. Her feet are turned inward now but I don't think it's a big deal. She is with the babies (now 6 weeks old) & doing very well. They have accepted her with open wings!
Wonderful news so happy for her and you. of course we need pics of Coco with her new family now.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom