Duck With Dislocated Hip!! Need Info!! Help!!

BuffyDuckies

Chirping
Aug 6, 2021
My duck Cruela got hit by a car and I'm pretty sure her hip dislocated. She was limping on her leg and I gave her a warm epsom salt bath and the limping when down. I let her with her friends (mistake) and she was running around and it really dislocated and you can just tell it's out of place. She can't get up very well anymore. There's no vet to take her to around me but if I really need to I will but I want to try to help her myself. I don't know how to pop her hip into place. I'll be willing to do it but I'll be a bit squeamish with it.
Does anyone know how to pop a ducks hip into place?? And if I pop it back in I will make her rest but I'm worried it will pop out again because the tendons or muscles will be loose. And I don't think you can brace a duck hip. Anyone have answers??

The more I feel around her leg the more it feels like it's not her hip. I don't know if her hip is out of place but her foot is super swollen. Like really swollen. My parents said no to a vet but maybe I can ask my grandpa to take her. I might brace her foot because shes not puting any pressure on her left leg. She's technically hopping to walk. I'm hoping with everyhing she will heal. Thank you for your support!!

What breed of duck is this and how old? Was she in the road or at home? I'm not pointing fingers, trying to blame anyone or to make anyone feel bad, honestly. I'm just trying to get a picture of how it happened in hopes of helping my ducks and for others that may read this. I can't get my duck to stay still in an area if anything is coming towards her and she is a big girl that moves slower due to a limp. If she sees headlights, she's up and running off to find cover. I sure hope your duck is feeling better soon and fully recovers 💜

Back
Top Bottom