Duck Won't Eat

Yes, I used the epsom salt flush. So far, so good... only a little green poop left, and he's eating some on his own. I hope with this he will be 100% in a few days!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!! I love this website. Somebody, like you Miss Lydia, always help me. I don't know where I'd be without you!! Thanks!!
That is great news.. Hoping to hear he is 100% very soon. Now have you been every place he can go to figure out what he may have eaten?

thanks (o: i'm hoping too, it seems to be getting a little better each day. now he just mostly pretends to eat, and spits it out... but i catch him swallowing every once in awhile, and he still eats up his tomatoes all the way. i have duck-proofed this house/yard a hundred times, unfortunately, there's nothing i can do about my trashy neighbors and their rat infestation spilling over. their yard is just an entire layer of litter. and their kids just trample all through my yard and flowers, and through their juice boxes and such all over my yard. i'm always worrying that the wind could blow over some of their more toxic trash in my yard )-: i wish there were something i could do about it without causing a war.

thanks (o: i'm hoping too, it seems to be getting a little better each day. now he just mostly pretends to eat, and spits it out... but i catch him swallowing every once in awhile, and he still eats up his tomatoes all the way. i have duck-proofed this house/yard a hundred times, unfortunately, there's nothing i can do about my trashy neighbors and their rat infestation spilling over. their yard is just an entire layer of litter. and their kids just trample all through my yard and flowers, and through their juice boxes and such all over my yard. i'm always worrying that the wind could blow over some of their more toxic trash in my yard )-: i wish there were something i could do about it without causing a war.
Sounds like a call to the health department might be good.

My male mallard is a out cast and the other ducks and chickens were picking on him, so I brought him in the house. He won't eat and when you try he nips at you. He drinks lots of water. Please help. I read all the treats and foods he can eat and put everything in with him and he doesn't want it....

I have a mullard female and she has ate in three days and doesn't come off the pond.I don't know what to about it

I haven't had this happen but if he is not eating I would try giving him treats - lettuce or peas. I would also put some vitamins and electrolytes in his drinking water. How old it your feed? Might it have been moldy or something when you bought it? Maybe you could get a new bag of feed and see if he eats.

Best of luck.

Hello 8 years later! 😃
This week, all four of my ducks stopped eating. This reply helped me so much. Just wanted to thank you. They’re feeling feisty, and are eating.

Back
Top Bottom