duck

angelesxoo

Chirping
Jan 3, 2021
hey i’m wondering if anyone ever experienced what i just have. One of my 11 months old duck was just drying himself up after a bath and out of no where he flipped himself over and flapped his wings like crazy. I picked him up and his eyes were wide open and breathing heavy like if he was panicking. I just held him for at least a min to calm him down. I checked his surroundings to make sure if there was something there that could’ve scared him but nothing. He’s doing fine now as if nothing occurred. Just trying to see if anyone had any idea what happened ?

Hard to say what happened without being there to visually see what he did; some of my ducks, especially geese, will throw themselves onto their back while in water, flap their wings, and pop back up as a sort of preening/playing behavior.

If you're seeing symptoms out of the water, such as ataxia, it could be the duck is suffering from a neurological problem.

Hard to say what happened without being there to visually see what he did; some of my ducks, especially geese, will throw themselves onto their back while in water, flap their wings, and pop back up as a sort of preening/playing behavior.

If you're seeing symptoms out of the water, such as ataxia, it could be the duck is suffering from a neurological problem.
omg that seems so scary , i’m currently watching over him incase it happens again. Thank you

I had a duck growing up that would have seizures. Our vet thought it was epilepsy. The duck lived for quite a while and acted normally when not having a seizure. As Isaac said, it's hard to know exactly what happened with your duck. Please keep us posted.
that’s so sad ! I’m currently keeping an eye on him in case it happens again but currently he’s just playing around as usual. But i’ll keep updates if anything thank you !

Regarding my post from last night , about two hours ago the same thing happened and again within 30 mins and after an hour he seemed fine was sitting there and it happened again. I don’t know what it could be i don’t know if they’re seizures. But he stayed almost still and starts breathing very heavy. For the 11 months i’ve had him and my other duck i’ve never seen them act like this so this is all new to me. Someone help please 😔

Back
Top Bottom