Ducking stuck in egg!

bryce1216

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 9, 2014
Ok so about 3 days ago the duckling made an external pip hole and it has got a little bigger since then and it has managed to get a hole about an inch in circumference and it has one of its legs, one wing all the way out, and its beek is in the middle and also out. It has been peeping and and like stretching trying to get out and it can't. there is also a crack in it which is pretty long but stil can't seem to get out so I took a little piece of shell off and is still having trouble.
please help!

Yes, check if the membrane is dried to the duckling, if so they can't get out because they are stuck. You might have to help the little guy more. Three days is a long time to take to hatch, they are normally out within a day or so of external pip.

Ok so about 3 days ago the duckling made an external pip hole and it has got a little bigger since then and it has managed to get a hole about an inch in circumference and it has one of its legs, one wing all the way out, and its beek is in the middle and also out. It has been peeping and and like stretching trying to get out and it can't. there is also a crack in it which is pretty long but stil can't seem to get out so I took a little piece of shell off and is still having trouble.
please help!
Help it out if its after the Due date---meaning if its in a incubator You Would Not Want to open the incubator until after that date if there are more unhatched eggs in it. I wait till the day after the due date, open and remove the chicks, if I have some that are pipped/partial hatched, I break them out. If they have some stuck shell/membrane on them---they are given a warm water bath to soften so it can be removed. I then put them back in the incubator/hatcher to dry till the next day. Saved Many that way. These chicks are usually weak which is why they can not get out by themself, but giving them a chance they usually catch up to their siblins in a few days. Some times I have to cull one that I have helped out, but thats Just something that has to be done. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom