Duckling 5 wk old can't walk

What are you feeding them? I would start poultry vitamins,electrolytes and probiotics right away.
Chick grower, dark leafy greens, niacin, water kefir (which is probiotics). She really isn't eating anymore even when I bring her food one bite and thats it. Barely drinks water either...

I think we are going to have to let her go.

Chick grower, dark leafy greens, niacin, water kefir (which is probiotics). She really isn't eating anymore even when I bring her food one bite and thats it. Barely drinks water either...

I think we are going to have to let her go.
I think there is more going on than what you can see on the outside. Sounds like you have been doing alot to get her healthy but for some reason she isn't responding. I am so sorry it's heartbreaking for ya'll and also for the duckling that is left without it's buddy.
sad.png
Please know that most if not all of us on here have been where you are right now and feel your pain..
hugs.gif

I think there is more going on than what you can see on the outside. Sounds like you have been doing alot to get her healthy but for some reason she isn't responding. I am so sorry it's heartbreaking for ya'll and also for the duckling that is left without it's buddy.
sad.png
Please know that most if not all of us on here have been where you are right now and feel your pain..
hugs.gif

Sometimes all we can do is give them a loving, peaceful environment for the time we have with them.

You are doing right by her.
Thanks. I don't think there is anything more I can do. We put her out of her suffering tonight. It was a hard decision but I know deep down it was the right one. I will hopefully find the other duckling a buddy soon!

I ended up taking my duck to the vet to see what was wrong with it because it was starting to have a hard time breathing and wouldn't eat anymore also, she ended up having a Gape worm inside of her that was throwing her off balance and clogging up her breathing tubes and also causing her not to eat. They said this is the season for them for you should try to get some antibiotics for it. They gave me Clavaseptin for give to it for 5-7 days and my duck is getting alot better.

I ended up taking my duck to the vet to see what was wrong with it because it was starting to have a hard time breathing and wouldn't eat anymore also, she ended up having a Gape worm inside of her that was throwing her off balance and clogging up her breathing tubes and also causing her not to eat. They said this is the season for them for you should try to get some antibiotics for it. They gave me Clavaseptin for give to it for 5-7 days and my duck is getting alot better.
I am so glad to hear you found out what was going on, I've never heard of ducks having gape worms, something to watch out for for sure. Good to hear she is doing much better now. Did they worm her also?

I will try that if my other one goes lame but it wasn't having difficulty breathing... Thanks!

Yah they gave her a dewormer and then she started getting discharge out of her nose. She is tsanding all the time and is swimming really good in her pool. She still looses balance sometimes because of her pigeon toes but she still tries to fit in with all the other ducks :)

Back
Top Bottom