Duckling Attacked Last Night, Please Help!

lizardboy55

Songster
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
I woke up this morning to some animal attacking my ducklings (a little over six weeks). Two have died from the attack and two died from their injuries. The three that are remaining don't appear to have any wounds, just a bunch of missing down and feathers. They are drinking but their not interested in the food. I sprayed them with bluekot this morning, should I spray them tonight and tomorrow morning (every morning and night until their better, is that what I should do)? Their walking when I give them water but other than that their just sitting like normal, I figure that's because their sore or something. I have electrolyte in their water but should I do that baby aspirin thing? I read a little about it but I'm not too sure of how to do it or what it does so if anyone can clarify that would helpful! We lost four already and I really don't want to loose these three too!

Sorry for your loss!

I thought bluekote was only needed when there were injuries?

I'd give them 18-24 hours to recover from the shock so just water is fine and do continue with the electrolytes. I wouldn't do anything else yet, though.

Yes I thought that

Have you ever thought they might be in shock? After what they have been through if this the case I'm hopeful they should soon be back to normal

Sorry for your loss!

I thought bluekote was only needed when there were injuries?

I'd give them 18-24 hours to recover from the shock so just water is fine and do continue with the electrolytes. I wouldn't do anything else yet, though.

I did not know that, I just wanted to play it safe since a lot of feathers were missing. It's been roughly 16hrs and they seem to be doing alright. Their drinking but still not eating but that's seems to be okay for right now.

Yes I thought that

Have you ever thought they might be in shock? After what they have been through if this the case I'm hopeful they should soon be back to normal

Yeah I'm starting to think that too. Their slowly getting more active. I just hope they'll be okay.

Thank you both for the input!

I did not know that, I just wanted to play it safe since a lot of feathers were missing. It's been roughly 16hrs and they seem to be doing alright. Their drinking but still not eating but that's seems to be okay for right now.

Yeah I'm starting to think that too. Their slowly getting more active. I just hope they'll be okay.

Thank you both for the input!

Yep, better safe than sorry and it's not like the bluekote could hurt anything.

Glad they're improving! Best of luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom