Duckling breathing weird opening mouth every breath and shutting it

Toreyb

Chirping
Oct 12, 2018
My duckling born Friday keeps sitting down kind of like hyperventilating I guess is the best way to describe it and each breath he’s opening and closing his beak and not cheeping much and I’ve tried getting him to drink he has but I’m not sure if he’s eaten and he won’t eat for me right now it’s just pankining me because the other duckling in with him is really loud alert awake and running round eating and drinking please help is this Normal ??

My duckling born Friday keeps sitting down kind of like hyperventilating I guess is the best way to describe it and each breath he’s opening and closing his beak and not cheeping much and I’ve tried getting him to drink he has but I’m not sure if he’s eaten and he won’t eat for me right now it’s just pankining me because the other duckling in with him is really loud alert awake and running round eating and drinking please help is this Normal ??
Take a video, upload to YouTube or Vimeo, then copy/paste the link here.

Take a video
Are his eyes responsive to light?
Did he have any other possible injuries?
is he picked on?
Is he raspy when he breathes?
Don’t know how to upload a video and his eyes seem responsive to light and no he’s not picked on there’s only two of them and the other ones fine and no not a raspy voice hi pitched cheap when he does cheap

Don’t know how to upload a video and his eyes seem responsive to light and no he’s not picked on there’s only two of them and the other ones fine and no not a raspy voice hi pitched cheap when he does cheap
Do you have a cell phone? If so, take a video, create a YouTube or Vimeo account, then try to figure it out.

W
Also, be sure its bottom is clear. I think pasty butt is the first thing I check for any time a baby is acting off. :D Perhaps because it’s the easiest thing to fix.
we sadly lost bilbo a few moments ago now I only have snowy thank you for the help everyone now my duck snowy is cheating loads and really loud is she upset and lonely I’m presuming ?? Is there anything I can do to help her calm down ?

Back
Top Bottom