Duckling by itself

How far apart in age were yours? I’m going to pick up a mirror on my way home from work today. I’m trying to figure out we’re the best placement for a mirror would be. Like seen from under the heater or out near the food and water. She seemed much better this morning. Looks like it’s helping her to see the others.
Mine were 2 1/2 weeks apart, Dutch Hookbill ducklings. But, I had only one of each age. I got the second one after a very bad hatch, to be a friend for the first one.
IMG_2997.jpeg

The best mirror I found in the auto section of Walmart. It is suppose to be a replacement for your side view mirror. I took the screen out after 3-4 days. They still stayed on their own sides of the brooder. I did have food on both sides so that the big one wouldn't prevent the little one from eating.
IMG_3007.jpeg

The are both with my 4 adult female ducks now. The little one still follows the big one around.
IMG_3469.jpeg

Mine were 2 1/2 weeks apart, Dutch Hookbill ducklings. But, I had only one of each age. I got the second one after a very bad hatch, to be a friend for the first one.
View attachment 3618075

The best mirror I found in the auto section of Walmart. It is suppose to be a replacement for your side view mirror. I took the screen out after 3-4 days. They still stayed on their own sides of the brooder. I did have food on both sides so that the big one wouldn't prevent the little one from eating.
View attachment 3618076

The are both with my 4 adult female ducks now. The little one still follows the big one around.
View attachment 3618085
This is really helpful. Thank you so very much!

Back
Top Bottom