Duckling Cam!

Cam just got a serious upgrade! Branded lower third with date/time stamps and a second camera inside the 'bator!

Cams will switch views at random 5-25sec intervals.

I may or may not be just a little obsessed.

Last edited:
Batch 02 Roundup! 5/6 eggs hatched within a 7 hour span, and were all out of the incubator before I felt I needed to assist the last. I made a safety hole and left it for most of the day.

After 8 hours I checked on the egg and the duckling was still alive, but not doing much. I did a little more assist and came back about 4 hours later to a duckling trying very hard to remove the shell from its bottom half, but still attached via umbilical. I tried to make it comfortable but within an hour it ripped the cord and was bleeding. It was definitely not ready to be completely out, and I likely set the process in motion too early. Here's hoping I haven't done any lasting damage.

I left the duckling in the incubator over night and it was alert and pretty active this morning, however, it seems to have a splayed leg despite being on a facecloth in the incubator and not on the plastic floor of the 'bator. I taped up its legs and thought about putting it in the brooder with it's siblings, but decided against it.

6/7 eggs developed (85%)
6/6 ducklings hatched (100%)

Batch 03 is 2 weeks away from hatch and has 7/7 developing eggs!

Yeah Probably!

Actually, since you watched I need to ask, did you notice any issues when it was a 2 camera setup and it switched between the two cameras? Youtube was telling me my feed was having quality issues, but I just went back through some of the recordings and I couldn't see an issue.

We really didn't notice any issues when the camera's switched back and forth but we were driving a lot yesterday and my wife was watching it off and on with her phone. There was no issue that we noticed until late in the afternoon when the feed stopped. I got her hooked on the webcam so she will be convinced we need ducklings
big_smile.png

Hah! Awesome. Thanks for the feedback! Sorry about the abrupt stop, but the last duckling really needed rest after ripping its umbilical cord and I wanted to shut the lights off.

Duckling Cam is LIVE! We had 3 external pips overnight! Sorry, there's a bit of condensation on the overhead.. I tried to move the eggs to a better spot, but I didn't want to disturb them too much.

I should add, I circled the pips in pencil, and marked those eggs. In the overhead view, you'll see a circle on the topmost egg, and in the "in the 'bator" view you'll see "Pipped!! 5/26" written on the left most egg.

Those are going to be the eggs to watch!

There was a third pip, but it was low on the egg, so I didn't try to label it.

Back
Top Bottom