Duckling can’t lift head or walk, please help!

Pmini

In the Brooder
May 4, 2021
My duckling hatched at 2 days ago and he’s not able to keep his head up nor walk. He just waddles around and today he just keeps his head down even to drink water of anything. Please if anyone can help I’d appreciate it!

Attachments

• C5BD1379-684C-42C9-90FE-E0BD4759365F.jpeg
    C5BD1379-684C-42C9-90FE-E0BD4759365F.jpeg
    433.8 KB · Views: 67
  • F618D3B0-865C-46DD-93E7-85AA302E5508.jpeg
    F618D3B0-865C-46DD-93E7-85AA302E5508.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 89F536CC-F922-46F1-8883-C10D208535D7.jpeg
    89F536CC-F922-46F1-8883-C10D208535D7.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 23
Sorry to hear your duckling is feeling poorly.
We are limited to the amount of treatment we can provide to a small duckling due to their size, and fragility; but the main things you will want to focus on is ensuring the duckling is being kept warm and in a stress-free environment.
If the duckling is willing to eat and drink you can try dripping a poultry vitamin alongside its bill, being careful not to aspirate the chick.
You can also try offering some mashed scrambled eggs for some protein several times a day, or offer soupy warm feed.
A lot of the time with these young ones we are dealing with fluid, nutritional, and electroltye deficits, so this would help address all.
Hopefully, you will see some improvement soon.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/nutri-drench-poultry-4-oz

Sorry to hear your duckling is feeling poorly.
We are limited to the amount of treatment we can provide to a small duckling due to their size, and fragility; but the main things you will want to focus on is ensuring the duckling is being kept warm and in a stress-free environment.
If the duckling is willing to eat and drink you can try dripping a poultry vitamin alongside its bill, being careful not to aspirate the chick.
You can also try offering some mashed scrambled eggs for some protein several times a day, or offer soupy warm feed.
A lot of the time with these young ones we are dealing with fluid, nutritional, and electroltye deficits, so this would help address all.
Hopefully, you will see some improvement soon.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/nutri-drench-poultry-4-oz
Thank you so much! I will try, do you think

Poly-Vi-Sol Liquid Multivitamin without iron would help? I did read about that too.​

I would try both in conjunction with each other.

Don't be sorry, we're glad to help we can!
I appreciate all the information, the vitamins are coming tomorrow :) I couldn’t get any in store, can’t wait for him to try it!!

@Pmini how is little Chester doing today? :) :fl
He is still holding on, but it seems he may have hurt his neck and back because even his feet they just lay out flat and one is curling up :( I fed him the mashed egg, just waiting for poly vi sol to come in the mail to try it out tonight! :fl:fl He did open his eyes today atleast :(

He is still holding on, but it seems he may have hurt his neck and back because even his feet they just lay out flat and one is curling up :( I fed him the mashed egg, just waiting for poly vi sol to come in the mail to try it out tonight! :fl:fl He did open his eyes today atleast :(
Aww, I’m sorry to hear he isn’t doing very well. Glad you got some egg in him and hope the poly vi sol helps. :fl
Opening his eyes is a good sign, hope he gets better.

Back
Top Bottom