Duckling crying non stop

duckncover

Duck Obsessed
15 Years
Jan 17, 2009
North Eastern PA
Hi again everyone! The bantam ducklings are nearly 4 weeks old and starting to be covered in feathers on their bellies and sides. I previously posted about the lightest color baby acting much different than the other 4 but he or she simply didn't imprint. Now my newst question is that one of the other 4 babies in particular (same one each time) is crying and calling for me each time I leave the room with the brooder. If I don't return he or she simply continues to cry non stop. The other 4 are not nearly as concerned as to where I am. Is there anything I can do to lessen the crying or will the baby simply grow out of it? I'm just hoping that that the baby will grow out of it because call ducks are loud enough lol

Sorry for the lack of pictures. They are not interested in cooperating with my multiple failed photo shoots lol. The is the little guy that does it. Ironically he is far from the friendliest out of the 5. Always crying but it's the aussie spotted bantam and the pencil call that come running to me lol.

Edited to add: the one wing looks kind of weird here but thus far I am happy to report no wing issues.

Attachments

• 20220616_162646.jpg
    20220616_162646.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi again everyone! The bantam ducklings are nearly 4 weeks old and starting to be covered in feathers on their bellies and sides. I previously posted about the lightest color baby acting much different than the other 4 but he or she simply didn't imprint. Now my newst question is that one of the other 4 babies in particular (same one each time) is crying and calling for me each time I leave the room with the brooder. If I don't return he or she simply continues to cry non stop. The other 4 are not nearly as concerned as to where I am. Is there anything I can do to lessen the crying or will the baby simply grow out of it? I'm just hoping that that the baby will grow out of it because call ducks are loud enough lol
Enjoy it wanting to be with you while it lasts ☺️
That's actually why some people prefer them not to imprint. The constant peeping.

Back
Top Bottom