Duckling died. Why. Attached graphic picture

If I was to guess, I hear duck eggs need even more moisture than a regular egg to hatch and don't do so well in incubators. I had a duck egg that had a crack from a hen on day 8- I put nail polish on it. I didn't think it would hatch, most of my eggs with a crack only made it to day 10. The crack was by the air cell. I thought it would lose too much moisture and the fact it was a duck egg insured that it would not hatch. I did always have it in an incubator with hatching chicks so the moisture was always up. This morning it hatched.View attachment 2676624
Oh my gosh!! That's great! So cute 🥰

I'm sorry about your little one. I lost one last week that pipped on the wrong end. Its heartbreaking. I've never lost a hatched duckling though. Like the others said, dont worry yourself over the ducklings. As long as they have the necessities, they should be fine. Enjoy them while they're tiny and fuzzy because they grow up so fast!!
Thanks so much. I love these little ones. They are already bigger.

Thanks so much. I love these little ones. They are already bigger.
Good morning. So one baby showing signs of niacin deficiency. Rushed to store for brewers yeast. How long will it take to help her walk better? I mixed one tablespoon in a cup of feed. I stopped the electrolyte mixed in water because I gave it for a week and someone said it was too long.

Good morning. So one baby showing signs of niacin deficiency. Rushed to store for brewers yeast. How long will it take to help her walk better? I mixed one tablespoon in a cup of feed. I stopped the electrolyte mixed in water because I gave it for a week and someone said it was too long.
Best thing once they are showing signs is liquid BComplex the Brewers yeast doesn’t have near the niacin it needs.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

Dosage is in the link I gave you. Depends on age how much to give. I usually put a ml in their water container and give some over a treat like meal worms or peas. Get a 1ml syringe no needle. What size is your water container? I used this size so they got a good bit of the liquid b complex along with their water mine were n’t showing any signs of a def though so for your little one I’d make sure she gets a full dose over something like a treat. That way you know she’s getting a full dose. Still add some to the water also though.
A36560C1-3248-4AFE-9B90-6BD85EF23DA9.jpeg
D0411173-6218-4F3D-B821-B9612F658C27.jpeg

Dosage is in the link I gave you. Depends on age how much to give. I usually put a ml in their water container and give some over a treat like meal worms or peas. Get a 1ml syringe no needle. What size is your water container? I used this size so they got a good bit of the liquid b complex along with their water mine were n’t showing any signs of a def though so for your little one I’d make sure she gets a full dose over something like a treat. That way you know she’s getting a full dose. Still add some to the water also though. View attachment 2688380View attachment 2688363

Attachments

• 16219815510014943642648722224531.jpg
    16219815510014943642648722224531.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 0
I got this at local feed store. TSC is in another town and I have to go out of town tomorrow for a car check up. Ugh... I've been running trying to stay ahead of this. I even made a vet appointment, but soonest is Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom