Duckling eye won't open!

anniele27

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Illinois
It hatched out last night along with 3 others and seemed to do fine, I'm not sure if it came out with its eye shut or not. To me it looks like the eye is there its just the lid won't open! Is there anything I can do to help it? Its possible it got pecked by one of the other ducklings but I don't know. She doesn't seem to be struggling with walking or anything.

It hatched out last night along with 3 others and seemed to do fine, I'm not sure if it came out with its eye shut or not. To me it looks like the eye is there its just the lid won't open! Is there anything I can do to help it? Its possible it got pecked by one of the other ducklings but I don't know. She doesn't seem to be struggling with walking or anything.

please help!! sorry this is like my third thread since hatching but Ive noticed i get more help when i start a new one for each problem. also i searched the other threads first and couldn't find anything like this but if you know of one please feel free to link me

Last edited:
please help!! sorry this is like my third thread since hatching but Ive noticed i get more help when i start a new one for each problem. also i searched the other threads first and couldn't find anything like this but if you know of one please feel free to link me
So she was hatched with eyes open? and now she won't open them there are actual slits where the lids meet? Try using some warm water and moistening her eyes some[cotton ball or very soft cloth] maybe they are kind of stuck .at least once moistened you can possibly open each eye and looks at the eye ball to make sure there is not an injury.

So she was hatched with eyes open? and now she won't open them there are actual slits where the lids meet? Try using some warm water and moistening her eyes some[cotton ball or very soft cloth] maybe they are kind of stuck .at least once moistened you can possibly open each eye and looks at the eye ball to make sure there is not an injury.

Yes she was i believe! Sorry i took so long to get back, i had work. but i moistened her eye with warm water and a q-tip then i opened it a bit and all looked good, but she kept it shut. I just got home though and both eyes are wide open and looking good! I think it was just a bit sticky! thanks for the help!!!

Great news
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Yes she was i believe! Sorry i took so long to get back, i had work. but i moistened her eye with warm water and a q-tip then i opened it a bit and all looked good, but she kept it shut. I just got home though and both eyes are wide open and looking good! I think it was just a bit sticky! thanks for the help!!!
That is great news!!! yay!!

Back
Top Bottom