Duckling feed question

Kharden10110

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2018
I have 4 ducklings they are 2 weeks old and I have a question about there food right now they are on dumor chick starter that is not medicated and has 20% protein how long are they gonna to be on this food before i need to switch?

I have 4 ducklings they are 2 weeks old and I have a question about there food right now they are on dumor chick starter that is not medicated and has 20% protein how long are they gonna to be on this food before i need to switch?
unless you are supplementing niacin... or brewers yeast... you need to switch today... or they may develop leg disorders sooner than later.

Purina flock raiser has enough niacin... you need at least 55mg/kg of feed and most chick starters have much less than that.

Used dumore food but just read it has animal products in it switched to nuturna or purina big difference in the feed smell itself. Hopefully they will to

Great resource for duck nutrition...
http://www.metzerfarms.com/NutritionalRequirements.cfm?affiliate=undef&CustID=21960406

Angel wing is not well understood. @casportpony feeds her ducks 28% protein I believe...

ETA: according to the link provided... ducklings on 20% protein need it for at least 4 weeks before decreasing.
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

It's true, mine get a 27% turkey starter for at least 4 weeks and would it surprise you to know that I have none with angel wing, whereas some people, even tough they feed a 16% feed do have problems with angel wing?

I choose the feed mine the turkey starter because other than the high protein, turkeys and ducks have almost identical nutrional requirements.

As for the feed containing animal products, I prefer to feed ones that do contain them, but I understand why some people don't want to.

Back
Top Bottom