Duckling hatched two days early and not eating?

Horselover8795

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
I dont know what to do the poor baby is so lethargic and refuses to eat
sad.png
he imprinted on us but hes too tired to even make an effort to follow or even peep if we leave which with all other ducklings we've raised is weird since they normally scream their heads off. He only hatched yesterday around 7 pm and now its the next day at 12 pm is it normal that he still doesnt really walk or want to eat? i got him to drink so thats good im guessing. ALso as a side note i have no idea what breed he is hes all black with a tiny bit of white under his beak, the beak is mostly dark but with alittle pink and his chest isnt yellow or white, its silver. how odd

I am pretty sure they dont eat for the first couple days because they are still absorbing yolk sac...
But im Not 100% sure, Look it up on google. But I think thats how it goes.

My ducks are like my chicks........they stay in the hatcher for at least 24 hrs after hatching, sometimes 48, depending on the rest of the hatch. It gives them time to get their legs & strength up. Then they are usually ready to eat and join the other ducks or chicks in the brooder. Sometimes it takes an additional day before they actually eat, but will start drinking.

Back
Top Bottom