Duckling having difficulty

I hate to say it but this doesn't look good, especially with the breathing problem. Looks like it may have an infection that has progressed into a systemic one. I don't suppose you have any baytril? If you do I'd start giving him some right away.

Could the little one have gotten stepped on or accidentally dropped?
What antibiotics do you have on hand? have you tried other vets in your area? just thinking if this is an infection the faster you get antibiotics the better and a vet would be able to get them to you. You can take a towel make it like a donut and place the duckling into it feet first so it can eat and drink without help. Just set feed and water close enough it can get to it.
What did you do for the duckling since you thought it had a niacin def?

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20220331_174614.jpg
    20220331_174614.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 2
How’s the foot looking? Sounds good the lil one is sitting and eating and drinking I would def get liquid b complex and start her on it
The leg is still out to the side but Quackers isn't falling over as much while sitting. I did post a pic of em from this afternoon.

I hate to say it but this doesn't look good, especially with the breathing problem. Looks like it may have an infection that has progressed into a systemic one. I don't suppose you have any baytril? If you do I'd start giving him some right away.
No we don't have any Baytril, but Quackers is doing better.

Back
Top Bottom