Duckling Heat Plate

Egatha

Hatching
May 12, 2020
So I've been trying to do some research on heat plates for brooders. They're just so expensive for the amount of time that we're going to end up using it. Would an electric heat pad work that you would use for yourself? Or is that dangerous? I just don't want to make a huge mistake and have possibly fatal consequences.

So I've been trying to do some research on heat plates for brooders. They're just so expensive for the amount of time that we're going to end up using it. Would an electric heat pad work that you would use for yourself? Or is that dangerous? I just don't want to make a huge mistake and have possibly fatal consequences.
Yes, you're right. @WannaBeHillBilly made one and he's written an article on it. Let me see if I can find it.

I wonder if you could just get a used heat plate from craigslist or fb market place or something. Then, if you're not going to use it again you could just re-sell it.

I used a heating pad on a little shelf, but the ducklings only went underneath it the first night. The second night they were all on top of it, and from the third night on, only a few ever got on top, and the rest just slept in the shavings.

Back
Top Bottom