Duckling Identification help!!

Also, if anyone has any ideas as to why Mystery Duckling is always lying down? It's eating and drinking just fine but when it's in the brooder it takes a few steps then plops down? Outside the brooder and splash time it moves around just fine. Flaps its wings and preens and chases the other duckling around. Is it just a lazy duckling during down time?
Sounds like the start of a niacin deficiency. Get some niacin to supplement. You should see a behavior improvement within a few days

Sounds like the start of a niacin deficiency. Get some niacin to supplement. You should see a behavior improvement within a few days

Thank you! I wasn't so sure, as this is my first time with ducklings and I've never had problems with chickens. I only have the 2 young ducklings. Do you suggest I let them both have the niacin? And could you suggest a dosage for them? So far I've only seen dosages for large groups of ducklings. Still looking! And are there plants or even bugs I could feel them so they could get it naturally?

Back
Top Bottom