Duckling in need of help!

for Epsom salt wrap what do I do? how do I make and now my baby turkey is doing the same thing could I do the same for her?

Put two tablespoons od Epsom salt in half a cup of warm water. Soak a clean cloth in that. Looseñy wring it out so it is just not dripping, but wet. Hold the duck gently and wrap the wet cloth around the foot and or leg. Hold it there as long as you can, five minutes is good but longer if possible.

Some folks put the solution in a shallow flat bottomed dish and hold the duck so that he or she stands in the solution. No drinking! Laxative!

for Epsom salt wrap what do I do? how do I make and now my baby turkey is doing the same thing could I do the same for her?
Take a couple cups of nice warm water around 80-85 * put about 2 teas of ES into this and stir to dissolve take a soft cloth put it into the ES water wring out and wrap it around the ducklings leg where the swelling is do this with the turkey too, did the turkey get stepped on too? then I would get some Niacin 100 megs and crush and add to 1 gal of water mix real well and put into their waterer. I don't know much of anything about turkeys but there is a thread for them. Even B complex vitamins would work as long as it has B3 niacin in it. Don't let the babies drink the ES water.

Last edited:
well I was looking at them both really well after a warm bath soak and it looks like there foot might be broke. cause the turkey baby's it's foot and the duck just acts like a duck until he is on his foot for to long, so could I wrap there whole leg and foot and see if it helps? plus how long does it have to stay on there?

well I was looking at them both really well after a warm bath soak and it looks like there foot might be broke. cause the turkey baby's it's foot and the duck just acts like a duck until he is on his foot for to long, so could I wrap there whole leg and foot and see if it helps? plus how long does it have to stay on there?
Just wrap the leg from where the swelling starts and keep it on till the cloth starts to cool down, you don't want them to chill. you can even do it again once the water starts cooling just reheat, just make sure not to burn their skin. ES is wonderful on swelling and injuries. But if the foot looks to be broken then you may need to splint like Amiga says.

Back
Top Bottom