Duckling Leg Problems šŸ¦µ

KimTatum03

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2014
Southeast Texas
Hey everyone. Just starting out with ducks and was wondering if anyone can help me figure out whatā€™s wrong with this baby.
747B77B7-095C-478F-88EB-51047C111AC0.jpeg

Attachments

• 436B343F-5974-4528-975B-9FFCCBBFAC7B.jpeg
    436B343F-5974-4528-975B-9FFCCBBFAC7B.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 8
Pellets are for adults crumble for ducklings.
Also even feeding the best feed formulated for waterfowl there can still be some that will get leg issues from niacin deficiency. Especially large breeds like Pekins since they are considered meat birds and grow super fast which causes the problem.
So to get this duckling back to healthy legs a liquid B complex [1ml] over a tasty treat daily. TSC carries one. Durvet liquid B complex. Make sure he gets 1 ml daily. Once his legs are strong you can stop giving the B complex. and start giving Nutritional yeast sprinkled overfeed. But you may need to do either one for quite sometimes at least till the ducklings are 10-12 weeks old and possibly older. My adult ducks still get nutritional yeast a couple of times a week because it is so good for them,. They can't od on it because what the body doesn't need they pee out.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

Also even feeding the best feed formulated for waterfowl there can still be some that will get leg issues from niacin deficiency. Especially large breeds like Pekins since they are considered meat birds and grow super fast which causes the problem.
So to get this duckling back to healthy legs a liquid B complex [1ml] over a tasty treat daily. TSC carries one. Durvet liquid B complex. Make sure he gets 1 ml daily. Once his legs are strong you can stop giving the B complex. and start giving Nutritional yeast sprinkled overfeed. But you may need to do either one for quite sometimes at least till the ducklings are 10-12 weeks old and possibly older. My adult ducks still get nutritional yeast a couple of times a week because it is so good for them,. They can't od on it because what the body doesn't need they pee out.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/
Thank you so much for all of this information. I was so upset to see my little baby hurting

On this vitamin b we just let them consume it orally with the treats right!

Back
Top Bottom