Duckling pooping strange

littlebirdzippy

Hatching
Nov 10, 2023
I just noticed that my duckling has been pooping strange last night. Here’s how it goes:
- 3 minutes before pooping he wiggles tail
- Right before he poops he backs up and the poop comes out like a rocket.
I have only notjced this behavior in this duckling alone, since we have two bigger ones. Along with this, the poop is more runny and stinkier than normal duckling poops.. is this normal?

I just noticed that my duckling has been pooping strange last night. Here’s how it goes:
- 3 minutes before pooping he wiggles tail
- Right before he poops he backs up and the poop comes out like a rocket.
I have only notjced this behavior in this duckling alone, since we have two bigger ones. Along with this, the poop is more runny and stinkier than normal duckling poops.. is this normal?
Wiggling and walking backwards sounds like really normal duckling behavior :)
Would you mind posting a picture of his dropping and his behind?

The smell and consistency of the poop also differs from what they eat and how much they drink. Also, when it's one of their first poops it looks different that a little later in life..

So don't worry to hard just yet 💛

Welcome to BYC!

The smell and consistency of the poop also differs from what they eat and how much they drink. Also, when it's one of their first poops it looks different that a little later in life..

Welcome to BYC!
Hey, sorry for the late reply, but I just saw this. Once they poop I’ll send a picture. Thanks!

Hey, sorry for the late reply, but I just saw this. Once they poop I’ll send a picture. Thanks!
I got a video of this.. it seems like he’s struggling to poop.

Welcome to BYC!
Here’s a video, I think he’s struggling.

https://staging.streamable.com/9eb8xz

The backward walk is pretty normal i saw my 8 weeks old Runners doing it. The poop looks good. But I agree anytime we feed anything other than their starter/grower they need chick grit just a small bowl close to their feed they will use if as needed.

Back
Top Bottom