duckling questions!

Thank you..We are getting 9 chicks on the 15th and I really want ducks but my dh says no...Maybe all this info will change his mind!
wee.gif

yeah!! I am excited about keeping them at the house! I think that they would have less a chance of getting hurt if they were sleeping closer to home... so even if the pond is oh lets see 125 yards away they would come home??? the more I think about this the more I like it!!!

I had pekin ducklings last year. I started them off by letting them "swim" for a few minutes in a paint pan with warm water. Once they got a bit older it was into the bathtub with warm water for daily swims. It was my daughters favorite part of the day. She put on a bathing suit and went right in there with them. Once they were fully feathered they were allowed out into the big girl/boy water for swims. Until they have all of the feathers, they need a warm place to dry. Since I am in NY we have pretty cold weather here into April so I was afraid they would get sick outside. Outside walks were limited to 10 minutes or so during the day when the sun was out.

E

we today it was 81 here! lol!! I could put a heat lamp in their house but they would stay inside until they got a bit bigger. I dont actually live there so I would have to go over there and let them swim everyday cause u cant count on him to do that... he is ridiculously busy...

Back
Top Bottom