Duckling running in circles

Georgina Fritznoodle

Songster
6 Years
Jun 7, 2017
We hatched some ducklings on Monday and they all acted normal until one started running in circles. It also loses its balance, stumbles, and tilts its neck in weird ways. It acts normal otherwise and seems healthy. Just wondering if anyone knows what it might be and if there's anything we can or should do to help her out.
This is a video of her spinning.

This could be due to a vitamin deficiency (malnourished parent birds).
Usually Thiamin and Vitamin B12, so providing these vitamins should help.

Here is more info:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threadloom/search?query=vitamin deficiency ducks&tab=620
Thank you for the advice, I will have to try that and see if it helps. I'm assuming I should probably be giving those extra vitamins to my adult ducks as well then? They are on an All Flock pellet as well as foraging in my yard during the day. I'm not sure how well formulated the All Flock pellet is for ducks, but it's all I can find at my local feed store that isn't for laying chickens.

Thank you for the advice, I will have to try that and see if it helps. I'm assuming I should probably be giving those extra vitamins to my adult ducks as well then? They are on an All Flock pellet as well as foraging in my yard during the day. I'm not sure how well formulated the All Flock pellet is for ducks, but it's all I can find at my local feed store that isn't for laying chickens.
Yes, you can give them to the adults as well.

Sometimes the feed has not been stored in a cool and dark place or the milling date is way past., meaning the feed is old and no longer providing the necessary vitamins etc.

Back
Top Bottom