Duckling seems delayed.....

Males seem to be slightly calmer and a little more gregarious.
My last drake was my favorite hen, but then he never quacked!
He is the father of these ducklings.
Looks like I am going to have some silver/white ones!
Thank you. I still am at my witts end and just hoping for a female but no quacks so probably not any.

Thank you. I still am at my witts end and just hoping for a female but no quacks so probably not any.
Most of mine are still 'cheeping' at three weeks, but a few have been practicing some tiny 'quacks' for a little over a week. I think that they can take up to fully feathered to completely voice. I'm not even holding my breath on the ones that seem to be trying to quack.

Most of mine are still 'cheeping' at three weeks, but a few have been practicing some tiny 'quacks' for a little over a week. I think that they can take up to fully feathered to completely voice. I'm not even holding my breath on the ones that seem to be trying to quack.
Out of my two Runner ducklings I got this Spring one at 2 weeks started to make a very quiet quack. The other did not and even whistled so I knew I had a drake and hen. It turned out by 9 weeks they were both quacking! I could not believe that the one that whistled was a girl! First girl I ever had that could whistle. They were always drakes in the past. I hope you get some hens as that is what most of us want in the end.

Males seem to be slightly calmer and a little more gregarious.
My last drake was my favorite hen, but then he never quacked!
He is the father of these ducklings.
Looks like I am going to have some silver/white ones!
Beautiful silver ♥️ ♥️ I have one and so far have never gotten another.

Attachments

• 20230710_173714.jpg
    20230710_173714.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230710_173921.jpg
    20230710_173921.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom