duckling swam too long might have a problem

raymondjames

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 18, 2011
one of my ducklings ( i have three) was swimming and me and a friend was deying off other two, she waws king of swimming/floating on herside took her out cant stand too well just drying her off she sounds like a drop of water might be in her system making slightly odd (slightly blocked) peeps. sorry about the bad tiping im so scared.

help me!

im not so sure about that... she is still doing the same thing a bit less watery breathing more distinct peeps. braething. calling vet right now.

Good luck! please let me know!? I am planing on raising some.
fl.gif
hugs.gif

you were right. if there appeared to the water in the trachea then flip over. she's in shock so scared. if ANYONE has any help please post asap.--rj

thanks a lot for the support. she seems to move her head around a bit, (which is acitivty, any activity is good) but still can't stand.

i think if we try hard she'll make it.

okay then. vet says she's in shock. need to be held in smae position for an day if nothing happens then maybe take to vet. hope she makes it.

one of my ducklings ( i have three) was swimming and me and a friend was deying off other two, she waws king of swimming/floating on herside took her out cant stand too well just drying her off she sounds like a drop of water might be in her system making slightly odd (slightly blocked) peeps. sorry about the bad tiping im so scared.

help me!
Sounds like she was in the water too long and got water logged. Dry her as good as you can and put her under heat lamp, not to close you don't want her getting to hot just enough to warm her up is her breathing any better?

breathing clearing up a bit. peeping still faint but more frequent. she's sleeping (not dying because all her breething and peeping are as if she was awake.). but she cant walk so if she got too hot under the Lamp ii would nt know because she cant walk or aything to get out from uner it

Back
Top Bottom