Duckling throwing up

oliviamorris005

Chirping
May 1, 2020
Today I noticed that one of my Swedish ducklings(3weeks old) threw up clear liquid. I moved my two ducklings outside two days ago. They have access to a heat lamp, water, and food. They have sand on the ground and eat it from time to time. The girl who is throwing up seems a little lethargic and prefers to sit instead of stand. She isn’t very interested in eating either. Both of my ducks are in a predator proof coop and seem fine otherwise. I’m super worried that she ate something or is sick. Please let me know any tips you have.

What are youbfeeding?
Is she pooping?

I switched both of their diets from manna pro duck diet to scratch and peck grower feed (to reduce protein) She has been pooping and it seems to be normal. Yesterday she was eating moss off our fence so I don’t know if that had anything to do with it.

Last edited:
also i’d like to mention that she only did it when i picked her up(and she did it one other time)so she might’ve just been scared. i heard it can also be from over drinking so i’m monitoring that.

Last edited:
You've seen them eating sand?
Sometimes. It’s typically only when their food spills into the sand that they’ll eat it. Occasionally, I’ll see them peck at the ground a bit (I don’t know if they eat the sand or if they are trying to forage i’m it). I let them in our fertilizer/chemical free backyard every few days so that they can forage.

Back
Top Bottom