Duckling unable to stand

Yes, keep us posted. I have a three day old that seems to have a weakness on one side. She can stand at times but a bit worried about her. Sometimes it almost disappears (the dragging of one foot). I added Niacin and hopefully that can help in the next few days.

Well it seems that he is improving. I've been taking brewers yeast and mixing it with water and then putting it in his food. He loves it!

He seems to have figured out that if he slows down he can stay upright. He stills falls but not near as bad.
Things are looking up for him!

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
I am so happy! that is such good news on a gloomy Vermont Day! I hope he continues.

Here is a poor video I took this morning with my phone.

Hope this works.

I have a 4 day old duckling that was abandoned in the nest by my house. He can’t stand and does that exact same thing! Now he also has a balding area on the back to right side of his neck. He still seemed very healthy other then not being able to balance in a standing position. I hold him for balance to eat and drink, although he seems to not want to drink water much. Tonight he looked like we might lose him 😔 After reading all this online, I bought niacin capsules 500mg. I opened one but realized I don’t know how much powder to give per meal or how often?? (which is why I came to search online). Am I too late to help him if he didn’t get niacin his first few days of life? My heart is breaking.

Back
Top Bottom