Duckling walk

LentzFarm

Hatching
Mar 30, 2022
We brought home the baby ducklings on Friday and today is Wednesday. They keep getting clean water and food but this one duckling seems to struggle to walk even though it appears as I want to. Any suggestions on how to help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    708.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 2
We brought home the baby ducklings on Friday and today is Wednesday. They keep getting clean water and food but this one duckling seems to struggle to walk even though it appears as I want to. Any suggestions on how to help
It looks like his little leg is swollen. I’m not much help but I know some turmeric would be safe and should help a little with the inflammation. Just add it to the food

I think it looks like he injured his leg. Not really a niacin deficiency. Extra niacin definitely wouldn’t hurt though

He may have a niacin deficiency. What do you feed him?
I feel as though niacin and even the turmeric that someone else mentioned wouldn’t hurt them. I know where to get turmeric but where do you buy niacin? I also read on another site some oats and yeast

I feel as though niacin and even the turmeric that someone else mentioned wouldn’t hurt them. I know where to get turmeric but where do you buy niacin? I also read on another site some oats and yeast
Brewers yeast is a great way to get extra niacin to ducklings. I can't remember the ratio though.

I put nutritional yeast in their food to add niacin. It should be at the grocery store maybe around the baking or spices. I put one tbs per one cup of food. There’s also vitamin b complex at farm stores that will do much more if you think niacin deficiency is the issue

So after a warm bath we took this photo. It’s the same on both sides. Thinking it is broken? Recommendations?

Attachments

• 7514E32E-D284-4F2A-B326-39DAD0BEE956.jpeg
    7514E32E-D284-4F2A-B326-39DAD0BEE956.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 56B08AC6-BAE2-48F0-B5D2-42D91CF4D00B.jpeg
    56B08AC6-BAE2-48F0-B5D2-42D91CF4D00B.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom