Duckling with deformed beak

doodleduck

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 17, 2017
Ireland (yurt)
I have some newly hatched ducklings about a week old. One of them has a bill that is longer at the bottom than it's top and it sticks out slightly. Is this something to be worried about? If anyone knows if there's anything I can do to help him it'd be appreciated! Is this a natural formation or did I do something wrong? This is my first time one of my ducks has hatched ducklings so I'm pretty new at this.

FA2B048E-F06F-4038-92D2-5950557477AC.jpeg
82A52D96-5B5C-4A66-A0F8-9EB09C2E5C95.jpeg
82D98AD1-80BF-40ED-8DA4-18DDF2CF9C15.jpeg
9A010D54-A1DB-4193-A02D-0B7AC79A88F2.jpeg

Sorry if these aren’t very detailed he was wriggling a lot!

I have some newly hatched ducklings about a week old. One of them has a bill that is longer at the bottom than it's top and it sticks out slightly. Is this something to be worried about? If anyone knows if there's anything I can do to help him it'd be appreciated! Is this a natural formation or did I do something wrong? This is my first time one of my ducks has hatched ducklings so I'm pretty new at this.
I think as long as you provide a deep dish of food and water this duckling will be fine. I say deep dish because it might have trouble eating food is it's on the ground.

I think as long as you provide a deep dish of food and water this duckling will be fine. I say deep dish because it might have trouble eating food is it's on the ground.
Brilliant thanks I’ll do that! Was worried it’ll be in pain the more the beak grows but it does seem to be eating fairly ok and it’s grand as long as it’s not in pain or anything! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom