Duckling with eye infection walks with head and neck crooked??

19burlesonm

Chirping
May 12, 2018
Hello, one of my Call ducklings had an infection in one year duct from fuzz getting stuck in at at about 2 days old. She is about a week old now and the infection is starting to calm down some (still hasnt opened eye) and as of around 2 days ago she started walking around with her head tilted, walking around in circles, falling on her back occasionally but getting back up, and only keeps it straight when I hold it. She eats and drinks perfectly fine so I have no idea what to do. I give her sav-a-chick probiotic in her water, niacin supplements, and I use Veterycin eye drops in her eye 2 time a day. What am I doing wrong or should be doing?I feel so bad...

Attachments

• Snapchat-878523115.jpg
    Snapchat-878523115.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 21
Hello, one of my Call ducklings had an infection in one year duct from fuzz getting stuck in at at about 2 days old. She is about a week old now and the infection is starting to calm down some (still hasnt opened eye) and as of around 2 days ago she started walking around with her head tilted, walking around in circles, falling on her back occasionally but getting back up, and only keeps it straight when I hold it. She eats and drinks perfectly fine so I have no idea what to do. I give her sav-a-chick probiotic in her water, niacin supplements, and I use Veterycin eye drops in her eye 2 time a day. What am I doing wrong or should be doing?I feel so bad...
Welcome to BYC! I'm wondering if maybe she has an ear infection? Any chance you can take her to a vet?

I looked all day today for a vet that could help me out but I had nearly no luck...Do you know of any symptoms I would see for an ear infection? I havent noticed anything coming out of the ear
Welcome to BYC! I'm wondering if maybe she has an ear infection? Any chance you can take her to a vet?

What about a slight caser of wry neck, maybe try some Poly Vi sol with out iron a few drops morning and evening? Just inside the bill never down the throat.

I'm thinking its wry neck 100% after looking into it..I started giving her some vitamin E and B to hopefully help..Should I only give her the poly vi sol if I manage to find some without iron? Was going to grab some today but couldn't find it in store without iron so I may have to order it
What about a slight caser of wry neck, maybe try some Poly Vi sol with out iron a few drops morning and evening? Just inside the bill never down the throat.

Sorry didn't get an alert.

Okay maybe you should try liquid B Complex it's been working wonders on some of the ducklings here and just might be what this duckling needs.

You can get human at Walmart it's 1 teaspoon per duckling a day and TSC has injectable [which can e given oral] which would be 1 ML daily

Neurological issue can come from niacin deficiency so sure won't hurt to try.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom