duckling with leg deformity

Kaliisgreen

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 25, 2013
maine
i have a duckling almost two months old and lately i've noticed her legs are both turned inward. she walks with them turned like this and at an angle so she's practically walking on her legs. none of her siblings' legs are like that, and her's didn't used to be like this. has this ever happened to anyone else?? will they go back??

I have a 4 ducking(pekin/blue swiss) born on july 10 14 and one (igor) and his right foot is turned in and he makes in fine with it,swims ,runs. I took him to the vet just this morning and they said this happens and its a genes thing or a egg turning issue and its not good to breed it but will live life fine as a pet and is best to keep in sod area so it does not get rubbed raw .

I have a 4 ducking(pekin/blue swiss) born on july 10 14 and one (igor) and his right foot is turned in and he makes in fine with it,swims ,runs. I took him to the vet just this morning and they said this happens and its a genes thing or a egg turning issue and its not good to breed it but will live life fine as a pet and is best to keep in sod area so it does not get rubbed raw .
Glad to hear he'll be fine.
welcome-byc.gif

thank you!! yeah she can walk and swim fine. and i will definitely try to keep her from sitting on her eggs.

Back
Top Bottom