African Goose- bad leg

ducklovingdeb

In the Brooder
Aug 13, 2020
Good morning, I have a four-month-old female African goose (Basil) and her right leg is bothering her. I've checked the leg and the webbing, no noticeable cuts, no deformity of the leg, no bumble foot. I gently squeeze the leg top to bottom trying to find a sore spot, she does not honk or give any indication that it is the area of soreness.
She walks with a limp, favoring the hurt leg. While in the pond she throws the hurt leg back and lets it float while pushing with the other leg. Would someone be able to provide some ideas of what might be ailing her? We have no avian vets in the area...so I'm checking with y'all, the experts of poultry. Thanks.

she might be ok in a couple days sometimes one of my ducks or geese does that and I bring them inside to hospital room so they can rest it they are usually fine the next day. Also I give them extra niacin in the form of Liquid B Complex
What are you feeding?
Have you been supplementing niacin? (in what form - nutritional yeast? brewers yeast?)

she might be ok in a couple days sometimes one of my ducks or geese does that and I bring them inside to hospital room so they can rest it they are usually fine the next day. Also I give them extra niacin in the form of Liquid B Complex
What are you feeding?
Have you been supplementing niacin? (in what form - nutritional yeast? brewers yeast?)
Brewers yeast. I will give her an extra pump of niacin just to be on the safe side. Thanks for your reply

if you are giving niacin tablet (human kind) it has to be Not timed release and Not flush free . or it wont work . things go very fast through their digestive system.

Back
Top Bottom