Duckling with no hair?

Could you post a photo? It is possible that he lost some of his fluff while hatching, or he might be being picked on by the other ducklings. Or, he could just be growing in new feathers, which often leaves temporary bare spots on birds.

Last edited:
Their is only one other duckling with him now but he looks kinda of mangy but yeah ill try to get a picture right now

I don't understand....no birds have hair. If you're talking down....they lose. It when they start growing feathers.

clint

We have 2 7 week old Anconas that we had the same thing happen to one of them. I never saw the other one picking on her but once we put some toys in the brooder the bare spots stopped popping up and her feathers have now grown in just fine. I believe the other one was just bored.

We have 2 7 week old Anconas that we had the same thing happen to one of them. I never saw the other one picking on her but once we put some toys in the brooder the bare spots stopped popping up and her feathers have now grown in just fine. I believe the other one was just bored.

It does happen and since it is so light and sparse anyway doesn't take much to nibble it out. Glad to hear you solved the problem with yours.

Back
Top Bottom