Duckling with no hair?

BantamLover21

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 24, 2013
Could you post a photo? It is possible that he lost some of his fluff while hatching, or he might be being picked on by the other ducklings. Or, he could just be growing in new feathers, which often leaves temporary bare spots on birds.

Last edited:

DaffyDuckDuck

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 12, 2013
Their is only one other duckling with him now but he looks kinda of mangy but yeah ill try to get a picture right now

Speceider

Songster
8 Years
Apr 4, 2011
I don't understand....no birds have hair. If you're talking down....they lose. It when they start growing feathers.

clint

YorkieLove

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 21, 2013
We have 2 7 week old Anconas that we had the same thing happen to one of them. I never saw the other one picking on her but once we put some toys in the brooder the bare spots stopped popping up and her feathers have now grown in just fine. I believe the other one was just bored.

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
We have 2 7 week old Anconas that we had the same thing happen to one of them. I never saw the other one picking on her but once we put some toys in the brooder the bare spots stopped popping up and her feathers have now grown in just fine. I believe the other one was just bored.

It does happen and since it is so light and sparse anyway doesn't take much to nibble it out. Glad to hear you solved the problem with yours.

Top Bottom