Duckling with raspy/labored breathing

Skye'sDucks

Crowing
5 Years
May 13, 2018
The 'too much sunshine' sunshine state
I have a Muscovy duckling a few weeks old, just getting tail feathers, that has a raspy wheeze/sneeze, and its chests/body pumps a little to breathe. Just showed up a minute ago, I do offer water with apple cider that cleared up a cough in another adult duck, but this is different than that.

It lives with its mamma and siblings outside, by the way.

Should i keep them in our backyard with some ACV out there and keep an eye on it?
They live in the open space behind our house and roam pretty far, and keeping them in our yard will guarantee it'll drink more ACV treated water and I can watch for any changes in the duckling.

Is there something else I can do for the little guy/gal? I can try to get a video maybe but I'm a little crunched for time. Have a chore to do then I'm going out to the store so I'm trying to quickly post this.

Thank you!

Really? I've heard it has good healing properties and can help my ducks' health. Unless it was pure coincidence, it seemed to clear up a small cough in one of my ducks.

They do have access to fresh water besides the treated water. All water they can dunk their heads in and clear our their nares.

Really? I've heard it has good healing properties and can help my ducks' health. Unless it was pure coincidence, it seemed to clear up a small cough in one of my ducks.

They do have access to fresh water besides the treated water. All water they can dunk their heads in and clear our their nares.
Totally up to you but ACV is all hype..Actually not true science behind the findings. Fresh water and feed. Possibly it has something stuck in its throat like grass..

Huh, I'll have to do some reading on it. Made some up, I'll just leave the fresh and treated water out for them and just watch the duckling.

Could be somethings stuck, it's been a while and its breath is still a little labored, although it doesnt sneeze often. Its acting fine though.

Back
Top Bottom