duckling with twisted neck help!!!!

Well now little Stella is acting very lethargic ): she's still eating and drinking fine it seems but she keeps just randomly dozing off, even when standing. The other ducklings are full of energy but they are almost a full two days older. Am I just being paranoid because of What happened to trooper or do you think something is wrong with her? She's sleeping A LOT. Here she is just standing and dozing off

would this be the correct type of electrolytes to use? It says for warm days but i figure electrolytes are good no matter what right?

So sorry she didn't make it. :/ Once they start acting lethargic like that though, they tend to go downhill fast. Some are just not meant to make it. *hugs*

another duckling just died... He had the exact same symptoms of Stella except his heart stayed beating fast until the very last second when he kinda spazzed then died. I don't understand what I happening... That's three dead out of 5 hatched. The brooder is the right temperature and I even put sav a chick electrolytes in the water right after Stella passed. They aren't on medicated food either. What could be happening I just don't understand

Oh my, I'm so sorry. :( Were the ones that died eating well for you before they became lethargic? Sometimes if they just don't start eating well from the start they don't get enough nutrition and kind of crap out on you. Sounds like you were doing everything right, so I'm at a loss as to what happened. So very sorry for your losses.

That's the thing, they were eating and drinking really well right up until about an hour before their death. They both even pooped and it was normal. None of this makes any sense and as much as I search these forums and the internet I can't find anything similar

Back
Top Bottom