duckling

JennKH

In the Brooder
May 26, 2022
Hello, my house is by the lake, a lot of ducks live here. There is a white duck that every year bring babies but the only survive 3 days the most. couple of days ago, she came to my yard with 9 duckling, the next day 4 was missing and they keep disappearing. I decided to to take care of the last 3, since I knew they will not last another day. Mother duck is upset and knows I took her babies. My neighbor thinks i should let them go, but I am 100% sure they will die by tomorrow. I rescued 22 orphan ducklings, keep them for 3 weeks and let them go to the water. They all still come back for food. My question is, should I let the 3 ducklings go back to the mom. I only feel bad for the mom, but they seem happy with me. warm place to sleep, plenty of food and water. please advise. God bless.

mom lives in my backyard, I can't bring her inside my house. Babies are very small, the lake has a lot of catfish and she keeps them on the water all day. Babies get tired and the catfish pull them down. For the past three years, this duck could not even save one duckling, they only live three days the most. I was planning on keeping them until they big enough to survive and let them go back to the water. However, the mom is restless and I feel bad for her but i feel terrible if I let them go and they die. I am positive they don't last more than a day. what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom