Ducklings ad chicks

Last year I put them together and everything went well and about two weeks ago I got more bittys and ducks and they have been together since and are doing great. The ducks and chicks snuggle up together to sleep under the heat light and everything.

Never raised ducklings and chicks together so can not say. I liked to have a bowl of water big enough for the ducklings to play in, in their brooder so if I would have had any chicks I don't think I would have put them in with the ducklings as they would have gotten too cold with all the water splashing everywhere. However, if you did not have a water bowl for them to splash around in then I don't see any reason why they couldn't be together.
By the by, WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? Ducklings are the cutest things, and chicks are the 2nd soooooooo..... ; )

~ Aspen

I've brooded them together. However, I used a Cool Whip container with an oval slice cut out of the lid for their waterer. Ducks need to immerse their whole bills to clear their nostrils. Chicks can still drink from it, and if you keep the Cool Whip tub placed inside another pan, like a pie pan or small baking sheet with short sides, even less water is spilled into the brooder bedding.

i put mine together and they were fine
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom