DUCKLINGS are coming!!!

I am not sure how these came up on here .... thinking I’m doing something wrong... lol
[/
Awe.... that is sweet!!! Thanks!!! I am always called extra!!! Lol ... 🤣🤣
Ok everyone they got here yesterday.... very good condition considering coming from California to New Jersey!!!
They are so sweet ... one vomited last night and I had a panic attack ( hard to believe I’m a doctor!!!) but ... I read about it and ton didn’t happen again.. they are enjoying themselves quite a not and they LOVE the Mazuri food!! Haha I think floats in the water ( made to do that ) so I do that plus a separate bowl for them.. I don’t keep the brooder at 95 bc they seems not to like it so hot .. and today I actually put a little blanket on top of the heat plate for animals and they love it so I have the heat lamp towards the other end of the brooder ( if you hear anything that concerns you about what I’m saying PLEASE let me know..)
My dog is being an absolute sweetheart !!!
E79FC94B-6EDD-40B5-A84E-34C2A0CF30A7.jpeg
2AAF9BC4-F525-4573-9BC5-9B95C771F0D4.jpeg
35E165F2-1D88-4D55-BD8E-3AD49CAEB738.jpeg

So precious! :love
Thanks!!!
It is normal of one I see just a little more sleepy then the rest ? The one that vomited ... Ian a bit Moreno sleepy then everyone else ... but she Is eating and playing and she had some save a chic stuff ( they all did!! They ended up swimming in it !! - so much for “ keep em dry for 2 weeks”
Lol
She is much bigger then the other side so maybe she is just having a hard time fitting in... she is still snuggling with everyone .
I guess just keep an eye on her ?

Thanks!!!
It is normal of one I see just a little more sleepy then the rest ? The one that vomited ... Ian a bit Moreno sleepy then everyone else ... but she Is eating and playing and she had some save a chic stuff ( they all did!! They ended up swimming in it !! - so much for “ keep em dry for 2 weeks”
Lol
She is much bigger then the other side so maybe she is just having a hard time fitting in... she is still snuggling with everyone .
I guess just keep an eye on her ?
Why do i not see the typos until after I send??
She is bigger then the other ones
She is a bit more sleepy... she is otherwise ok

Why do i not see the typos until after I send??
She is bigger then the other ones
She is a bit more sleepy... she is otherwise ok
I only had ducklings once, over 5 years ago. I don't recall one being noticably sleepier than the others - but that doesn't mean it isn't normal. If she is just very slightly sleepier but she's eating and pooping the same it might not be a cause for concern. But I don't know a lot about this - I'm only answering because it has been a day and there haven't been any other responses. You might attract more attention with a new thread.

I do know that if a duckling (or adult duck) is lethargic that is an emergency and I would take my bird to an avian veterinarian clinic.

Have you found an avian veterinarian yet? Not for this issue, but for the future. I think my babies were about 3 or 4 weeks old when one broke a blood feather, started bleeding a scary amount, and we had to take her into the emergency avian clinic to get it pulled. It was really scary and I was glad I knew where to go instead of trying to find someone who would see a duck while my duckling was bleeding all over.

I only had ducklings once, over 5 years ago. I don't recall one being noticably sleepier than the others - but that doesn't mean it isn't normal. If she is just very slightly sleepier but she's eating and pooping the same it might not be a cause for concern. But I don't know a lot about this - I'm only answering because it has been a day and there haven't been any other responses. You might attract more attention with a new thread.

I do know that if a duckling (or adult duck) is lethargic that is an emergency and I would take my bird to an avian veterinarian clinic.

Have you found an avian veterinarian yet? Not for this issue, but for the future. I think my babies were about 3 or 4 weeks old when one broke a blood feather, started bleeding a scary amount, and we had to take her into the emergency avian clinic to get it pulled. It was really scary and I was glad I knew where to go instead of trying to find someone who would see a duck while my duckling was bleeding all over.
Hi- yes I thought maybe about a been thread... but thank you for answering . Yes I have an appointment on Thursday. She is running around, eating and pooping ! She isn’t bigger then all the others and I wonder if she isn’t just not yet able to run aroind like them bc of her size- she does do run runs but then kinda just plops down .. but she does look ill at all. We have the university of Penn animal hospital close to us so for an emergency I’d go there For sure ! Thank you!!
A Broken feather ??? Wow! I hope she is doing ok and still going strong !!
Is she a Swedish Blue?

Back
Top Bottom