Ducklings are hatching!

Fisherlmiranda

Songster
Feb 25, 2018
Morrow, Ohio
Yayy my first batch of mommy incubated ducklings are hatching. I've incubated before. But never left it to the ducks to do. I'm excited and super nervous. The first one dint absorb and it was dead, smashed in the egg, in the bottom of the nest. The next two are hatched and fluffy and theres another one almost out and then 10 eggs left. Shes sitting on everyone's eggs, so it's a mixed lot. All the ones hatching are black swedish mixes. I thought that was interesting. Lucy is the one sitting the nest.
20190503_132910.jpg
20190411_092426.jpg

Yayy my first batch of mommy incubated ducklings are hatching. I've incubated before. But never left it to the ducks to do. I'm excited and super nervous. The first one dint absorb and it was dead, smashed in the egg, in the bottom of the nest. The next two are hatched and fluffy and theres another one almost out and then 10 eggs left. Shes sitting on everyone's eggs, so it's a mixed lot. All the ones hatching are black swedish mixes. I thought that was interesting. Lucy is the one sitting the nest. View attachment 1761752 View attachment 1761754
So exciting! Lucy is very pretty, is she a welsh harlequin? I have 2 black swedish, Whistle and Willow, and 2 Cayuga. My black swedish drake is the sweetest duck. I would like to find a snowy call duck and a Welsh harlequin duck. Hope you can post pictures of all of them after they hatch.

So exciting! Lucy is very pretty, is she a welsh harlequin? I have 2 black swedish, Whistle and Willow, and 2 Cayuga. My black swedish drake is the sweetest duck. I would like to find a snowy call duck and a Welsh harlequin duck. Hope you can post pictures of all of them after they hatch.
Yes I'm going to post updates as they hatch, and yes Lucy is a Welsh. I have 3 Welsh, 3 Cayuga, and 1 black swedish. The two that have hatched are black swedish crossed with I'm thinking my cayuga Male because they are still black.

Back
Top Bottom